Wednesday, April 8, 2009

it's a jacket!

I finished the jacket!! It turned out pretty, not my normal colors but nice for spring. And I can certainly use it now since our weather has turned nippy again. We had snow yesterday but at least it didn't stick. I am sooo ready for spring!

I'm finally posting pictures of the things I picked up in Pigeon Forge. A good selection of things-fabric, patterns, a book, and some tools. I didn't get everything I wanted! I left several patterns at the Cherry Pit that I liked. They do the best block of the month kits-http://www.quiltingatthecherrypit.com/about.html

I got some great marking pins and the Clover needle threader I had heard so much about. And it works! It's wonderful for mature eyes like mine.

I got the pattern and fabric for a smock at the Cherry Pit; that's my next project. I'm a very messy cook and need lots of coverage. Most aprons hang around the neck and that bothers me so I can't wait to try the smock. The cupcake fabric that Annie found is perfect for it.
I also bought a purse pattern and a jelly roll to make it. It's called Grids and Grommets by Indygo Junction. I made a matching wallet from a pattern in my stash. I really like the purse pattern since it's different from any purses I've made. Have any of you seen Melly and Me patterns?? http://www.mellyandme.typepad.com/ They're just too cute. I saw them in Pigeon Forge but didn't get any so I had to order them when I got home. I ordered 3- the flamingo, dog and another purse pattern. Patterns are a real weakness for me. I just can't help myself.

I think I just blew my goal of finishing up ufo's this year. I keep adding to the list; I'll just have to live a long, long time.

2 comments:

SUPERQUILTER said...

Your jacket is beautiful and so are the purses. I like the colors.

Gale/Oklahoma

Cheryl Pinkman said...

I work for Indygo Junction and just wanted to say I love the Grids & Grommets purse you created. Please be sure to post your finished Mock Smock and let me know. Coming up in early June we will debut another new grommet purse that you might enjoy as well. Happy Sewing!! Cheryl@indygojunction.com